Alexander Rivkin, MD
Expert Profile

User Photo For: AlexanderRivkinM.D.
Alexander Rivkin, MD
Plastic surgeon | Views: 244083

Friendname: AlexanderRivkinM.D.
Business Name: Westside Aesthetics
Website: www.westsideaesthetics.com
Location: 1033 Gayley Ave #104
los angeles, CA 90024
United States
Telephone: 310 443 5273
Languages Spoken: English

Post a reply Ask Alexander Rivkin a question Return to Alexander Rivkin's homepage

Ask An Expert > Alexander Rivkin Message Board > fat bulges/under eye hollows, which filler
Default User Photo
san antonio, TX
fat bulges/under eye hollows, which filler
Hi, i have moderate under eye bulging (not that noticeable) and i would like to avoid a lower bleph. i need an upper bleph since my uppers are caving in..and i have slight sagging neck skin so need a lift as well - am 57 but look young for my age.. my cosmetic Derm is an expert re: fillers and she says she can inject like you do under my eyes, but am nervous since i am not sure how i will look... my sis just had a facelift with fat grafting under her eyes and looks great but i have read people's bad experiences so i won't do that. was wondering if fillers under the eye will cause discoloration or lumpiness ? my Derm assures me it will look natural. just wondering if filling in under the bulge might make the bulging more noticeable ? will try to send a photo sometime if i can fine one. thanks for your time.

Plastic surgeon
los angeles, CA
United States
View My Professional Profile
  February 27, 2013 12:35 PM

sure. yes, if done right, you can use fillers (i prefer juvederm diluted 50% or restylane for the tear troughs and radiesse for the cheeks) for mild bulging. the HA fillers are reversible at any time with enzyme, so there is minimal risk. make sure your derm has lots of experience with hyalaronidase (the enzyme).

Plastic surgeon
New York, NY
United States
View My Professional Profile
Lower eyelids  February 28, 2013 2:28 PM

If the skin is thin under the bulges, then don't use hyaluronic acid filler or you will have blue lakes under the eyes. Use Radiesse or fat, which is even better.
Good luck from NYC



Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.