Alexander Rivkin, MD
Expert Profile

User Photo For: AlexanderRivkinM.D.
Alexander Rivkin, MD
Plastic surgeon | Views: 244064

Friendname: AlexanderRivkinM.D.
Business Name: Westside Aesthetics
Website: www.westsideaesthetics.com
Location: 1033 Gayley Ave #104
los angeles, CA 90024
United States
Telephone: 310 443 5273
Languages Spoken: English

Post a reply Ask Alexander Rivkin a question Return to Alexander Rivkin's homepage

Ask An Expert > Alexander Rivkin Message Board > what is the best filler to use under the eyes
Default User Photo
what is the best filler to use under the eyes
I'm going to have juvijerm ultra and plus and botox fillers done the lies in the sides of my nose tear trouth and forehead. I have DR BRIAN KLINK FROM VACAVILLE GOING TO DO THIS WORK. With sending the pictures of me can you tell me if I'm doing the right thing and approxament cost of this.


Attached Media


steve left side


steve right side


steve straight on face

Cosmetic surgeon
Kennewick, WA
United States
View My Professional Profile
  June 2, 2011 2:34 PM

I like to use Radiesse to build the cheek area which will smooth the area under the eye. Radiesse last at least twice as long as Juvederm and I feel it is a better choice and value for the cheeks. If something more is needed for superficial, I would use Prevelle, as always with caution to lay thin linear lines and not depot injection.

these fillers can take years off your face. Once summer is over, I would also consider either peels or a laser treatment to improve the quality of the skin, and you should definitely start using good skin care products, notably with a vitamin A in it, and always use a good sunscreen or preferably a sunblock.

Hope you have found this helpful.
Kind regards,
Mark E Johnson, MD PhD

Plastic surgeon
New York, NY
United States
View My Professional Profile
  June 2, 2011 3:37 PM

Because you have rather thick skin, almost any filler will work well. You don't need very much, so it should not expensive.
Good luck

Plastic surgeon
Miami, FL
United States
View My Professional Profile
  June 3, 2011 3:35 AM

Fat grafts or Restylane are my choices!

Plastic surgeon
los angeles, CA
United States
View My Professional Profile
  June 9, 2011 10:17 AM

If you are going to have the tear trough area injected with filler, I would choose Restylane over Juvederm. Having used both fillers in that area extensively, I can tell you that Restylane tends to swell less than Juvederm. In terms of forehead lines, Juvederm is an excellent choice. Cheers.



Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.