Alexander Rivkin, MD
Expert Profile

User Photo For: AlexanderRivkinM.D.
Alexander Rivkin, MD
Plastic surgeon | Views: 243909

Friendname: AlexanderRivkinM.D.
Business Name: Westside Aesthetics
Website: www.westsideaesthetics.com
Location: 1033 Gayley Ave #104
los angeles, CA 90024
United States
Telephone: 310 443 5273
Languages Spoken: English

Post a reply Ask Alexander Rivkin a question Return to Alexander Rivkin's homepage

Ask An Expert > Alexander Rivkin Message Board > Injection to Remove Juvederm
Default User Photo
wallingford, CT
Injection to Remove Juvederm
I get Juvederm once a year...This time, my Doctor had some left over so he put it under my eyes!! One eye is fine, but the other had a light blue elongated bump. I called and they said to come in and he would inject more to "even" it....I don't want that...Isn't there an injection that will either neutralize or "melt" the Juvederm? I don't want to take a chance that it will be worse....Love it in other areas, though.


Plastic surgeon
los angeles, CA
United States
View My Professional Profile
Absolutely  April 23, 2009 12:09 PM

The enzyme is called hyaluronidase and I use it all the time, especially under the eyes. It dissolves the juvederm within one day. You can even use it (if the doctor is experienced) to dissolve just a bit of the juvederm and leave the desired effect of fillng the tear troughs.
Anyone who is injecting Juvederm these days under the eyes should know how to use hyaluronidase.
hope that helps

  December 2, 2010 8:12 AM

Is there a doctor in the dfw (dallas/fort worth) metroplex that can remove the juvederm under the eyes?

Plastic surgeon
Miami, FL
United States
View My Professional Profile
  December 3, 2010 4:11 AM

Yes it is HYALURONIDASE injection. That MUST be done by a very experienced injector.It may take a few visits over the course of a month. And it is expensive, I charge $800 ist visit than $600 each follow/up. Ask or find one by asking if they have done it before! From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Plastic surgeon
Coral Gables, FL
United States
View My Professional Profile
Hyaluronidase  August 7, 2013 1:16 AM

There is a product that can be used called Hyaluronidase.

For more information : http://nycsalomon.com/NYC_Lip_Augmentation.html



Welcome to the Ask An Expert section of our website! Our network of board certified physicians can answer any questions that you may have regarding plastic surgery, skin care, dermatology and other conditions. Popular topics include tummy tuck, liposuction, rhinoplasty, acne scars, facelift, breast augmentation and more. This frequently asked questions section is opened to everyone and you need to set up an account with Makemeheal before you can ask your own question. This service is absolutely free and is available to those who are interested in learning more about a particular cosmetic procedure, treatment or product.

Before asking a question, we recommend you to browse through our existing collection of questions and answers to ensure that the question you want to ask have not already been answered by our highly experienced experts. This will help you save time and get an answer more quickly. When asking a new question, we recommend you to be very detailed so that our experts could formulate a more precise & professional answer.

Of course, this service is not a substitute for a doctor visit or a consultation with a plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist. The answer you will find here only serve as initial directions of thoughts and not as specific instructions. You should remember that it is utterly important to consult a skilled specialist prior to scheduling any type of treatment in order to get acquainted with possible contraindications. Only a one-on-one meeting will enable your cosmetic surgeon to properly evaluate your condition, conduct examinations and explain their results.